Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Why?"

Well it has been a long time since I have blogged (and never for myself) and, in all honesty, I have never seen having a personal one as being all that important or useful to me.  Add to that the added questions of "who in the world cares what I have to say?" and "who the heck has the time to write?"  I fully understand it's use as being extremely beneficial and important in/out of classrooms with students for collaborative learning, alternative feedback, differentiation and higher-order thinking skills but why do it on a personal level? I keep hearing the term Reflection but my mind just doesn't work that way....there are others ways to reflect. I've always seen writing as a time consuming chore and the opposite of enjoyable, however...

As I continue to become more and more involved in my profession, and on a much larger scale than in the past, I've come to the realization that my main "digital footprint" see edtechsteve's blog is pretty hard to find.  I seem to currently have what I refer as "baby steps" spread all throughout Cyberspace: Nings....Twitter....Delicious....Diigo....Skype....Google Wave....Talk....Wikis....LinkedIn.......Second Life...  I'm everywhere and yet nowhere to be found!  This would be reason #1 for me to create a blog site.

Update 07/04/2010 - This was written quite some time ago and as you can see, abandoned. Well, the time has come to pick it up once again - see the post above for reason #2 and what will be my second official blog.....

No comments:

Post a Comment